Like you, I also hope that my children were born normally, not by cesarean. But sometimes we have to choose cesarean delivery due to the problems and complications during the birth process.
When the doctor told me that you need cesarean delivery, there is a panic and do not know what further questions to ask.
The following list of questions we hope to make a guide for you to ask your doctor if you are in the above situation:
- What are the factors or reasons that cause you to be operated?
- What you need to carry the risk for cesarean delivery?
- What is the approach taken by the doctor to avoid any complications during the surgery / cesarean:
- (i) does the doctor use gloves contain no powder (powder free surgical gloves?
- (ii) What do doctors prevention to control bleeding and injury to your internal organs?
- What rare-steps to be taken by you as a patient and a doctor in a few weeks / days before cesarean to prevent complications during surgery (cesarean)? - If the doctor told you earlier that you need surgery maternity / cesarean
- For emergency cases, whether cesarean be performed by a doctor on call? If so, do all that is done is the same procedure for each doctor?
- What results do you need to do now so that you do not have to do a rush decisions during emergency?
- What can doctors do to your chances of normal delivery in the future is still there?
- What is the doctor's opinion about normal childbirth percent for those who had cesarean delivery (VBAC - Vaginal Birth after it cesarean delivery)?