According to medical studies not identified the real reason why leg cramps often occur when people are pregnant. It may be due to heavy foot to keep on growing during pregnancy. The other reason that causes problems leg cramps during pregnancy is less smooth blood flow when the blood does not flow from the legs back to the heart.
Cramps in the legs can be treated in the following manner:
- Soak feet in warm water mixed with salt. With this it helps soothe your feet.
- Drink enough water every day
- Wear thick socks during sleep to prevent the foot from cold. Susceptible to cold leg cramps
- Wear long pants while sleeping
For prevention is the following:
- Avoid standing or sitting with legs crossed in a long time
- Do leg exercises or stretching exercises before going to bed every time
- There are studies showing vitamin supplementation of magnesium as a side to the multi vitamins during pregnancy can help some women who struggle with leg cramps.